About Whaleys Fabrics
Whaleys was established in 1869 by Mr Samuel Whaley, about whom not a great deal is known. The activities of his enterprise at that time were silk and jute weaving, with one floor processing textile sacks and bags.
The original premises were off Leeds Road in Bradford, West Yorkshire, before moving to Bolton road in 1908, finally taking over its present site, Harris Court Mills in 1973.
Whaleys are a family firm, since Harry Jowett, who took over the reins in 1900, was the great-grandfather of the present Managing Director.